Passive Software collects a wide variety of data in service operations. This includes any contact, location, network, and personalization data.
If you use a third party application(s), our APIs or website(s) to integrate your information into Passive Software and its Services, you agree to transmit your information with the API and/or also authorize the third party application(s) to transmit your information to Passive Software, and for Passive Software to return information back to you or the third party application(s) as necessary.
When you register for and use our services, you may provide to us the following types of Personal Information about yourself:
- Registration Information. To open a Passive Software Account, you must provide your name, email address, and a password.
- Credit Card Information. When you purchase some of our services, you must provide your payment card information.
- Social Networking and Email Platform Information. For some of our services, you must link your Passive Software product account with another email, network, or social network account. When you link accounts with your Passive Software account, you provide your email account or network credentials, including your passwords, and other account information. More information about Social Networking and Email Platform Information is provided below.
- Referral Information. When you use Passive Software products to refer our Services to your contacts or friends, we will collect and use any contact information you choose to provide to automatically generate an invitation to the contacts and friends you select. The contact information you may choose to provide may include information from your address books, online email services, and other mobile or online services. We do not use or store Referral Information for any other purposes.
- Feedback Information. You may provide additional information through online forms, surveys, contests, and communications or by other means. We store this information and associate it with your Registration Information. You are not required to provide such information to us, but some Services may not be available to you unless you do.
- Application Data. When you choose to install and use our Services, you consent to our collection of contact information about you and your contacts on your mobile device and in the various address books that you choose to link to your account. Application Data includes Personal Address Book Information and communication information. You may also choose to grant us additional permissions at any other time.
- Personal Address Book Information. We collect the contacts included on your mobile device and in your address books linked to your Passive Software account (your “Personal Address Books”). This may include both personal and business contacts.
- Business Card Information. When you use our Services to scan business cards or PDFs, extracted business contact information is added to the Company Databases.
- Email Capture Information. When you use our Email Products, we log exchanges and email information.
We may use your Personal Information:
- for registration;
- to help serve you relevant and meaningful content;
- to provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- to contact you as described below;
- to charge your payment card if you have opted into certain premium Services;
- to populate our Business Databases;
- to determine, promote and enhance the accuracy, completeness and freshness of the information in our users’ Personal Data Sets through automated decisions;
- to improve the accuracy of our OCR processing for the individual and collective benefit of our users and the services represented; and
- for our own business purposes.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you:
- regarding the Services;
- in response to your inquiries and requests;
- with alerts or newsletters;
- with updates about your Personal Data;
- with opportunities to participate in polls, quizzes, and surveys or contest and reward programs; and
- with promotional messages on our behalf or on behalf of our trusted partners.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional messages by following the instructions in each communication, by changing your email settings in your Account Settings, or by contacting us through the Passive Software's Contact Form.
We also may use Personal Information with your consent or as otherwise required by law.
We use the information we automatically collect about your use of the Services to evaluate the performance of the Services, and to generate aggregate statistics for our benefit or for our service providers and trusted partners.
Data Sharing & Distribution
We may share your Personal Information:
- with our affiliates;
- with our third party service providers (for example, to help distribute our Services, communicate with you, remove repetitive or duplicate information from our systems, process payments, or provide other operational services);
- to correlate, match, or verify information from your Personal Additions with information held by our service providers and trusted partners;
- with partners and cosponsors as part of a poll, quiz, survey, contest, reward program, or other activity;
- as part of a change in control or sale of all or part of Passive Software or its subsidiaries;
- to verify or enforce our Terms of Services or other applicable policies and guidelines; or
- as required by law (for example, in response to valid legal process from a government agency).
In addition, we may share information stored in our Usage Databases with users of our Services or with our strategic business partners. We may make the information in the Business Databases available to our business clients and partners for data hygiene related processes and for marketing business information, including by contacting the companies and business individuals represented in the Databases for employment, commercial and business opportunities and for other purposes permitted by law.
We may share other information that is not Personal Information for various business reasons and purposes. When we share this information, we ensure that no individual contributing user or visitor is specifically identified or linked to such information.
Cookies & Related Technologies
We may use session and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only during one session and disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your browser or turn off your computer. Session cookies make it easier to navigate our Website and persistent cookies are used to remember users’ information so they do not have to enter it more than once and to improve our Services. Most Web browsers allow you to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access some of the functionality offered on our Sites.
A “Web beacon” (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs) is a small and often invisible graphic image or other web programming code embedded in a web page or email. We use Web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Sites, to monitor how users navigate our Services, and to count how many e-mails sent were actually opened. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings. We may associate Personal Information with Web beacon activity of users.
These policies are subject to change without notice at any point in the future.